A Little About Me

My name is Christopher William Borchardt. I was born and raised in beautiful Baldwin County,Alabama in the former small town of Foley. I grew in a loving household with my father William, mother Susan, and older brother Jeremy. I enjoy the outdoors and nature in gereral. Running and fishing have always been incorporated with my love for the outdoors. My entire immediate family are currently teaching. One might think that is why I have chosen to take that path. Yes that is partially why, but my passion for teaching comes from my own heart.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Technology in My Classroom

The age of technology is here! Everyday new advances are made in this computer based age. The incorporation of technology in the classroom is also advancing at light speed. Programs that allow students to take classes of any subject that was unavailable to them at their current location can now be accessed via the Internet. Also, the use of the Internet can allow teacher and student interaction outside of the classroom.
The importance of technology in my classroom will only go as far as the impact it has on the learning ability of the students. If the technology poses a threat to their ability to interact and comprehend with the information that is being taught it will have to be disregarded. The ability of artificial intelligence can only go so far.
Human interaction is still the best way to relay information. Computers do not have a heart or the emotions, although I cannot say the brain because they can clearly calculate things at a rate beyond human intellect. That is the only source I shall use technology for. The basic calculations and word processing for an aid. The only thing that I will truly believe in for the greatest response is my own abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment