A Little About Me

My name is Christopher William Borchardt. I was born and raised in beautiful Baldwin County,Alabama in the former small town of Foley. I grew in a loving household with my father William, mother Susan, and older brother Jeremy. I enjoy the outdoors and nature in gereral. Running and fishing have always been incorporated with my love for the outdoors. My entire immediate family are currently teaching. One might think that is why I have chosen to take that path. Yes that is partially why, but my passion for teaching comes from my own heart.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Passion of Teaching

Teaching comes from not only the mind but also from the heart. Becoming a teacher requires a sense of resilience and compassion. Some teachers that I have encountered in my life just did not want to be there. Thus nor did I. If one is just reading information out a textbook on a podium for the whole class then handing out busy work to keep the students quiet. This is not the way that a teacher should carry themselves. It happens more today than ever. Teachers becoming burnt out and tired of the job.
When I begin my career as a teacher this is what I will strive not to become. I will always have a passion for coming into the class everyday thrilled to be there no matter what life throws my way. When one absolutely loves what they are accomplishing, especially a teacher, peers and students alike will take notice.
Every student in my classroom will hopefully be excited for the next lesson taught. Incorporating a sense of having fun teaching a subject hopefully will have the affect of the students having fun learning about the subject. My passion is who I am. I am a Teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment